Sunday, November 17, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 43



Wow, what a week it's been! Crazy busy and lots of things crossed off my 'to do' list, which has given me a great sense of satisfaction. Getting on top of things before Christmas is a major priority for me at the moment and my Project Life is a big part of that.


I have decided to work backwards with my weeks to keep me motivated. I am now on week 43 and then have set myself the goal of completing at least 2 other weeks so that by the year's end I will be finished and up-to-date. It has actually given me my mojo back and I have been thoroughly enjoying playing with my kits each night when the boys go to bed. Sometimes I get so lost in it all that I don't realise how late it's getting... Watching my favourite shows and Project Life-ing is the best therapy for this busy Mumma; my wind down time.


For week 43 I used my Becky Higgins Midnight kit and used the highly talented Leena Loh from FindingNana as inspiration. I love how clean and fresh her layouts always look and decided to try something a little different than my usual colourful spreads. I also challenged myself to use my own handwriting for my journaling. I only do it on rare occasions, not because I don't like my handwriting, I just find typing onto my journaling cards much quicker. I really need to step out of my comfort zone more often as every time I do I'm always really happy with the result.



The thing I loved the most about this kit was that it's basic colours of black and white really made my photos stand out and my handwritten journaling mesh well into the inserts. I had fun with my gold embossing powders and heat gun too for this layout. I never really emboss much these days, especially in my Project Life, but the Studio Calico stamps looked great stamped and embossed onto my title card. I also did the little gold heart Ono the top right insert titled Everyday Life.

So, wish me luck in my mission to be finished my Project Life by the end of December, all ready to start a fresh in 2014. WOW! Can you believe that? Already we're talking about 2014 Project Life.... That's just insane but my begeesus is that exciting!!!!! Lol A new year of fun and wonderful memory documenting... Bring it on!!!!!

Happy scrappin' :)


2 comments:

  1. Love this layout Kylie! Especially the title card. I need to get me a printer so i can stay motivated. And your handwriting...gorgeous. I think you should def use it more! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sue :) I'd be lost without my printer, it saves me so much time! As for the handwriting, it does freak me out a little, i wont lie... My inner perfectionist has to be told to shhhhhhh lol ;)

    ReplyDelete