Monday, March 17, 2014

Project Life 2014 - Week 5

Yes, you read that correctly... Week 5. Well, where is my week 4 I hear you ask? Half completed, in my album and I have no desire to complete it at this stage. I'm not exactly sure why but I just REALLY struggled with that week, it's lack of photos, what kit/colours to use, I just couldn't bring it all together. So I decided to 'move on' and 'move forward'. I needed mojo and with that layout it just wasn't happening for me so I turned the page and viola... Week 5 came together for perfectly. My mojo was flowing again... YAY!
Does this ever happen to you? What do you do to overcome your scrapper's block?
This was the first week back at school with lots of fun things happening. We got an invitation for a birthday party at our local swimming pool which is absolutely fantastic and has a wave pool. I think I had more fun than the kids, swimming, playing and relaxing in the sun.
We have been singing a song in our house that is from YouTube so I wanted to include it in the layout. I took a screenshot on my phone and included a QR code of the link so that we can watch it whenever we like. I just hope that these QR codes stay around in the future or my PL pages won't be as interactive as I'm hoping lol.

Another Flip Flap to include my big boy starting grade 3... WOW where has the time gone? I've just noticed too that the 'start' flair that I used was also positioned incorrectly in the photo above. It actually should be on the Facebook insert but awww well, not to worry. I usually attach them outside of the page protector so that's why it got moved around when I took the cards out for the photo. I don't like photographing my layouts in the page protectors as I find they sometimes give a glare.
Another Flip Flap from Close To My Heart.
And Ali Edwards digital overlay.
A new phone app I had fun playing with for this photo called PopAGraph
A nice bright and fun layout that was a reflection of how the week was for us, hot summer days filled with happy times.
So skipping a week worked well for me... I'll go back to it when I feel the urge and hopefully it comes together as easily as this week did for me. Mental note: work on what makes me happy and feels right at the time and the mojo will flow!
Cheerio peeps :)


2 comments:

  1. Bright and colourful with gorgeous photos, making it a perfect week, love it.

    ReplyDelete