Monday, November 26, 2012

December Daily 2012 - Album Cover




I have started my December Daily album cover and am pretty happy with how it is looking so far.  I seem to always play around with colours, papers, embellishments, etc for quite some time before I actually decide on anything and this cover was no exception.  It took me ages to finally come up with something I liked . . .  As per usual lol ;)

I have used the Simple Stories Summer Fresh 6"x6" paper pad for my banner and flower.  The rub-on text on the tag is by Christmas Carnival Collection by Kaisercraft as is the bottom stars and patterns with some Ice Stickles for a little bling on the bauble.  The 2012 numbers are by Amy Tangerine and the the banner is mounted with double-sided foam tape to add dimension.

The inside cover is a page included with the Sn@p album by Simple Stories with again my own handmade banner and Amy Tangerine Thickers for lettering and tape.  The paper for the banner is the Dear Santa Collection by Kaisercraft and the 'daily' wording I printed onto a tag from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh 6"x6" paper pad.

The green flower is made from a Hot Off The Press flower template that I cut out and adhered with tape.  The red underside of the flower was punched out with a Fiskars circle border punch.

I didn't want to open the album and jump straight into day 1 so I searched the web until a quote/poem caught my eye and was suitable for an introduction to my album.  I found this Christmas Manifesto wording on a blog and the link is here; it was perfect!

I still want to add perhaps some ribbon to the binder and a label on the spine, not sure what but definitely something with some hanging trinkets.

So this is where I am at for now with my album . . .   I think I will do each page as I go throughout the month.  I previously decided to do my foundation pages beforehand but now think that I will just limit myself if I do that.  I would much prefer to see what photos I have for each day, what events took place and then decide how I will do each page.

Getting excited now, not long at all and the fun begins (oh and Jack comes to 'play') lol ;)

Cheers peeps,
Kye
xo

Items Used

These are the links for the items I could find on Amazon.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment