Monday, July 29, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 17

Firstly, my apologies for being a little 'absent' on here lately.  I've been busily creating store items and having a BLAST doing it!  I've got so many cute little things in progress that it's been a little difficult to keep up to date with my blogging...  So don't mind me if I bombard you with a few weeks in a row.  Things are looking like settling down again so my Project Life posts should be more regular now... Phew, so glad to be back LOL! :)
For this layout I used the June kit from Polka Dot Creative which you can find HERE.  It teamed quite nicely with a few bits and bobs that I still had lying on my desk from my last few layouts.  Nothing beats using what you've already got spread from here to high heaven hahahaha!

I've found that I've been sticking my flairs (or buttons as some prefer to call them) to the outside of my plastic pockets so that I don't get that bumpy lumpy look that irks me into tomorrow.  It gives a much flatter look but still having the dimension I love.

I also had some journaling that I prefer kept for just our eyes in this week's layout.   This was tackled by folding printed cardstock and printing on the back (it was one-sided) and inserting it into a 3x4 pocket.  I know that it is there and I can read back on it if I choose to.  It's not something I want just anyone reading but I still wanted it documented as it's all part of our 'story'.  I see no sense in doing this whole Project Life thing if I don't document the good, the bad and the ugly.  I want my boys to understand that it's all these experiences that make us who we are.  I want our journey to be documented realistically, in hopes that these albums have lessons in their pages that one day they will understand and learn from.

Now time to edit some more photos for my next post...Oh and get these boys bathed and settled so that we can watch the very first episode of Big Brother 2013!!!  Call me a reality tv junkie and I'll own it, I can't help it and I will never deny it.  Soooooooooo excited!!!!! LOL ;)

Bye for now,
Kye
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment