Thursday, August 1, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 18


As promised, another Project Life week post.  This week I played with some digital text and fonts.  I always love how simple yet effective it looks.  It's also great for when you have loads of journaling that you need to add to the layout and like me, run out of room.

When I'm taking my photos, I now try to make sure that I leave white (or negative) space.  This is helpful for those times when I want to add digital journaling, embellishments or even just to add effect and draw attention to the subject in the picture.  If you're unsure as to what 'white space' is, you can read more about it HERE.

Now, you might have guessed that this was the week that I had the pleasure of meeting the lovely Amy Tan.  You can read more about that HERE in a previous post.  So it obviously wasn't a hard decision to make when selecting what papers I would use...  Amy Tangerine of course!!!  I mixed up the Yes Please range with again that pile of loveliness that was depleting (it was getting used and in a scrapper's mind that is the main thing LOL).
I decided to do an insert and rather than go into all the details of the day, I used a QR code that links to the blog post I had written about the adventure.  I found this easier than telling the story again and I didn't need to take up room on the insert with a whole written saga, just use the photos I had chosen and pop in the little code.  I think I will have to do a post on my QR coding process as it really is simple and I'm sure most of you would be interested in using this simple way of adding videos to your Project Life pages.  If you aren't aware of how to do it, please leave me a comment below and I'll get to work on an instructional post. :)

Here is the back of the insert and you can see a photo of Amy signing my goodies that I purchased.  She was very generous to sign some papers and also a daybook I had bought.  I am still yet to use the day book as I just haven't really had anything that special to put into it.  I'm sure with the warmer weather on it's way soon, I will have plenty of fun filled times to add to it's bright and cheery pages. 

Now last but not least for this layout, I added a photo of my new love... Cork!  I have sheets of it that I have been cutting up (unfortunately it doesn't run through my Cameo) but I have been having so much fun snipping, stamping and just ultimately playing around with this new 'trend' of embellishing.  For some reason every time I use it, it reminds me of an old friend's cork floor being ruined by high heels and I giggle...  Another story, another day (not scrapping related what-so-ever) but still funny all the same.

Okay guys, off to do today's Yoga Challenge (again not scrapping related LOL) but if you're into Yoga or even just want to do some breathing and stretching, check out this online 30 Day Challenge that I'm doing HERE.  Just quietly, it's been a LONG time since I've stretched like this and as much as it's a little painful, so to speak, it's making me feel AMAZING!!!!

Namaste peeps,
Kye
xo

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kylie this is so cute!! I love the sheer title over the brussel sprouts :)

    ReplyDelete