Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 20



I'm really excited to share this week's layout as I made it from a mini kit I put together from my store.  I haven't had my sewing machine out in quite some time but figured that my obsession with sewing onto journaling cards needed to be tended to.  I have done it many times in the past, sewing onto mini albums, tags and my scrapbook layouts; it's amazing what a little thread on a card can do to a page.  Funnily enough, even though I always loved the effect, I rarely do it these days...  Possibly because my sewing machine has been packed away in our garage packed.  But with all this hand stitching back in trend, I got the urge again...  So, out she came, onto the billiard table and the pedal under my foot.  Whoo hoo!!! Loved every minute of it and once I started I couldn't stop. 


I will however, make one thing quite clear...  I am not a sewer by any means.  I can thread a machine, I can follow basic patterns, but I would definitely NOT call myself a skilled sewer.  So this kind of creating, just sewing onto inserts, is perfect for someone like me.  I can add a special little something to my pages but not be concerned that I've sewn a garment that could quite potentially fall apart LOL ;)


This was also a fun week of playing with the A Beautiful Mess app for my iPhone.  The photos from a lovely Sunday walk turned out great, just by playing with a few filters and adding some quotes.  My new Instax camera got a work out too, geez I love that little white camera.


So, if you like the look of these papers and tags you can find them all in my 'Woodlands' mini kit in my store HERE. There's a total of 14 stitched journaling cards, 10 assorted 4x6 papers, the cute gold 3x4 shaker pocket, a few die cuts and some tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment