Monday, April 7, 2014

The Liebster Award

Guess what? Simply Bella just won an award!!!


How excited am I? The lovely Sue from The Making Table has chosen to nominate my blog for the Liebster Award. I could not me more honoured or grateful... My little ol' blog? Really? Thank you so much Sue; I really am touched.
So, what is this award? Well, technically it's not an award, but I'm thrilled all the same to have been nominated. It's more of a chance for newer bloggers with under 200 followers to get their name out there by accepting their nomination and completing a little bit of a challenge. You can read a little more about it's origins in this post I found here.
So here's what you have to do...
  • Firstly, accept the nomination from your nominee (you do not have to)
  • Answer the 11 questions that they have asked you in a blog post and share this
  • Then nominate another 10 bloggers that have less than 200 followers
Firstly, here are the 11 questions that Sue has given me to answer...
1. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up.
I wanted to be a Solid Gold Dancer lol. Do you remember that show? I would watch it as a young girl on a Sunday night eating my dinner and then venture off to play dress-ups in my Mum's bedroom and dance in front of her mirror to all of her disco vinyl.
2. What is your favourite breakfast?
I'm not much of a breakfast person, never have been, a coffee or a veggie juice is more of my thing. But I do love a good Sunday brekkie of poached eggs, spinach, bacon, grilled tomato and mushroom... Mmmmm mmmm
3. Describe your dream garden, if time, space, climate and money were not an issue.
Without a doubt, a tranquil Japanese garden with lots of maples, ponds and the sound of water flowing and soothing wind chimes... Ahhh I can just imagine sitting in it now :)
4. Who is your dream celebrity to have dinner with? (past or present)
Oh that would definitely have to be Freddie Mercury!
5. Name something you wished you had learnt but haven't yet.
To play the piano... Maybe one day I will take some lessons.
6. Name one of your all-time favourite movies that you have watched so many times you know all the lines?
There's so many, but I can't go past mentioning Dirty Dancing and Grease... Who doesn't love those movies!
7. What is your favourite fruit?
Watermelon for sure! I could eat it until the cows came home lol.
8. If you could holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Mmmm that's a tough one as I've never really had the travel bug nor the urge to travel (mostly because I have a fear of flying). But if that weren't an issue I would say Disneyland. My inner child would beside herself with excitement.
9. Lipstick, lip gloss or lip balm?
Lip gloss
10. Describe what "you-time" means to you?
Uninterrupted time to scrapbook till my little heart's content.
11. If you could choose 2 super powers, what would they be and why? (ie. invisibility, self healing, speed, strength etc)
To be able to heal others and for obvious reasons; no one ever wants to see their loved ones unwell.... And the ability to create calm in an instant and in any circumstance; ooh now THAT would be so handy as a Mum lol.
Now I'm off to have a think about who I am going to nominate and will be back with a post in a few days announcing my chosen bloggers and a list of questions for them. Thanks again Sue for nominations me and giving me the opportunity to answer your fantastic questions (had me thinking on a few lol).
Cheerio peeps and have a great day! :)

1 comment:

  1. loved reading all your answers Kylie!! I've always wanted to learn the piano as a child but have never gotten around to it. I love listening to it being played, so beautiful. thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete