Saturday, February 23, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 3



Well, have I fallen behind in my blogging or what?!?!  These past few weeks have just flown by and although I have 'kind of' kept up with my Project Life, my blogging plans seemed to have gone down the toilet!

Okay, so here's how it is right now.  It's Friday night and I have the smallest child sleeping soundly, the other happily playing his Xbox and the 'bigger' child (currently sunburnt) napping on the couch after a long day at work in the heat.  So that means for me . . .  Catch up time!!!!!

So here it is, my week 3 . . .  And to be honest, I had such a blast doing it.  I really enjoyed the colours I got to use.  I tried to stay with the yellows and blues to emphasize that summery beach feel.


With my gorgeous Amy Tangerine papers, embellishments and stamps this layout really came to life without much fuss.  Sometimes it can take me hours to pull together a page before I can say that I am happy with it.  But I was so pleased with how this one turned out and all without too much time spent.  Best of all I really had fun working on it as the colours were so cheery and bright.  Gotta love summer for that!



I wanted to use an insert for this 8"x12" 'Road Trip' photo to show off this beautiful moment of my boys with their Dad.  A smaller version just wouldn't have cut it and I was already overloaded with photos to use for the week.  I cropped down an American Crafts page protector (if you are using Becky Higgins' it's Design A) to the size I wanted and then cropped the photo to fit into each pocket.


This is the opposite side of the 'Road Trip' insert.  Must say I love my Thickers : )


My beautiful niece had her first birthday (also was a surprise naming day) that we attended this week.  I had taken a few photos of my youngest son taking over the speeches and wanting a a turn on the microphone.  To incorporate these into the page but not having enough room, I decided to place them onto some tags and insert them into a Sn@p mini paper bag pocket.  Worked a treat!


Here is what they look like when pulled out of their little pocket.


One thing you will notice on my layouts lately is lots of washi tape.  I am absolutely loving this new trend and simply can't get enough!  It's so versatile and the colour and pattern ranges out there will honestly blow your mind.  So it seems I couldn't control myself and have jumped on the washi wagon, starting my own little collection (I say little now but I am sure within months it will have grown immensely).

So here's to quick but busy looking pages, washi tape and paper bag pockets.  Another week blogged *doing a little happy dance*.

Now to get blogging on week 4 and watch my all time favourite show . . . You guessed it Vampire Diaries (I hear it's about to heat up between Damon and Elena again - can't wait) lol

So till next time . . .
Sayonara scrap friends : )
Kye
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment