Sunday, January 19, 2014

Project Life 2013 - Week 28



I never did get to finish my Project Life 2013 album.  I intended to have it completed before the year's end but it didn't quite happen.  I thought I would be disappointed that it sat unfinished, looking at me while I started to work on my 2014...  But to be quite frank, I'm actually okay with it.  I really don't mind that it's STILL sitting there looking at me, getting completed when I have the time and urge to work on it.

I think the reason that I'm so content with this is because I still get to flick through it and remember what fun adventures I had last year.  This makes me smile.  I've needed to remember those times recently.  I've needed to reflect on the important things and be truly grateful for how lucky I am.  I've needed to look at those two gorgeous faces that I created and feel blessed that they're mine.  I've needed to have this album still in progress, out on my desk, staring back at me, helping me to focus on the positive and how wonderful life is.

So I will continue to keep it out on my desk, along with my 2014 layouts.  I will keep plodding along with the weeks I haven't finished and I will keep smiling as I flick through my pages.  This is why I do this.  Not only to document for my boys and future generations, but also to help me remember... As sometimes I tend to forget how truly blessed I am.



2 comments:

  1. (copied from Facebook): You are in very good company having unfinished pages for PL2103 ...and should I admit to unfinished pages in PL2012 ...I'm making an effort to catch up for 2013 (maybe 2012 can just be finished as is). And looking back through my album really does centre me like nothing else can - it's a very special gratitude journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great way of looking at it Leanne, as a huge gratitude journal for the family :) I too have some 2012 to complete but I have faith that I will get it finished one day LOL Well, I keep telling myself that anyway. I've got most of the journaling documented so it isn't going to be too hard and I think I will do what I haven't completed as monthly spreads to make it a quicker process.

      Delete