I was trying to tell myself not to feel guilty with the 'couch chilling' and admittedly I did feel a little better with the fact that I was being productive while I was 'lounging'. I started organising my Week In The Life Project that begins on Monday the 9th September through to the 15th with Ali Edwards.
This will be my third year doing this project and it always gets me excited beforehand. I have grabbed out my previous albums and taken some photos to show you what I approach I took for both; very different for each.
This year I have decided to go again with a digital album that I will have printed with Blurb. I want this project to be easy and fun. I have decided not to overcomplicate it by doing a hybrid album, like my Project Life, but to go with the same approach as last year. I decided to do what works for me and this method was perfectly fine, but most importantly I was really happy with the result.
I got my inspiration from Nettio Designs who does fantastic templates for this project and you can find them here in her Sweet Shoppe Store. I chose the option of making my own templates with the Blurb software last year and I still might do the same for 2013... I'm still undecided on that one.
So here are a few snaps of last year's album and the bottom two pics are of the year before (that was my hybrid approach).
- Ali Edwards' printable Daily sheets to document what happens each day.
- A thorough read through Ali's approach with hints, tips and previous albums along with links to products, templates, organisation, etc.
- If you choose to go digital, an online software package to help you create your album... I use Blurb but there is Photobook, Snapfish, Momento, etc.
- Pinterest is a 'goto' tool for me for inspiration.
- Big Picture Classes online community for Week In The Life is a wonderful FREE workshop that helps you connect with other participants, share your album photos and interact with others via a private classroom message board and gallery.
As for now, I am currently printing off my daily sheets, charging my camera batteries and contemplating what colours/theme I would like my album to have this year and getting all inspired and excited!!!
Would love to hear if you will be going on the WITL journey too, how you approach this project and any hints or tips you might like to share.
Thanks for reading peeps and happy Saturday,
PS. Oh and don't forget to vote if you're in Oz...