Friday, May 10, 2013

Life Paper Scrapbook Blog Hop




Welcome to my blog.  I'm so glad you stopped by for a squiz :)  This is my first ever blog hop and I'm so excited to take part.  A big thank you to all involved at Life Paper Scrapbook for making it happen. So, in saying that, please go easy on the newbie lol ;)

Firstly, here is the hop order (amazing talent I must say).

Life.Paper.Scrapbook - http://www.lifepaperscrapbook.com
Kellie - http://kelliewinnell.typepad.com
Kylie - http://simplybella-ky.blogspot.com.au (you are here)
Amanda - http://amandathemadscrapper.blogspot.com.au
Bernadette - http://weekendatberniis.blogspot.com.au
Ali - http://moloneystylestamping.wordpress.com


Well, I'm not going to make this a long post, as I know sometimes I tend to ramble.  I'm going to let you 'hop along' to all the other fab blogs above.  But I did want to share with you a really cool trade secret of mine that I came up with when I first started doing Project Life.

As I already had a HUGE stash of scrapbooking items to play with, I really wanted to use what I already had rather than buy more stuff I didn't need.  But what I found was that when it came to matching my papers with lettering or insert cards, I just couldn't find the exact colour I was after.  So then I came up with this little beauty (and best of all it's FREE).

While shopping at my local hardware store one day, I passed the paint isle; you know the one where you have an array of tin cans, brushes, sprays, etc.  Well, you also have the wall of paint colour sample cards.  Mmmmmm my mind started to race and I was doing back-flips in my head lol.  I could just grab a few of the colours that I was using for that week's layout and just match them with my papers or even photos.  Aha - I was on to something ;)  So I popped a few in my basket and quickly headed home to play with that week's Project Life layout.

So every time I go out to buy potting mix, seedlings or screws, I now make sure I grab a few colour sample cards.  I can then crop them down and used them as 3”x4” inserts, journal on them, print on them, punch out shapes.  Seriously, the uses are endless.

And here comes the kicker. . . I now also use them with my Silhouette Cameo for cutting out words, titles and lettering.  The thickness is perfect and you can even add dimension with some Glossy Accents.  I have saved an absolute fortune on Thickers (and heck knows I have plenty already).  So now rather than using my 12”x12” cardstock for one tiny word or a few letters, I now use paint colour sample cards.

Take a look. . .





So there you have it, a little trade secret of mine :)  Hopefully, you too can get your hands on some gorgeous colours and make your pages 'POP'.  I'd love to hear if anyone has any other uses on layouts for them.  I know I am still coming up with new ideas all the time.

Now, to get you all 'thinking outside the box' and inspire your creativity, here are some pics of a few of my Project Life layouts.








Now last but not least, Life Paper Scrapbook are giving away a mini kit and album so please visit them here for more details and be in the running to win this awesome prize from Craft House Ltd.  Simply link up one of your Project Life layouts on their blog. You have until midnight Sunday (Australian EST).
I hope you enjoyed my post and happy hopping peeps :)
Kye
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment