Thursday, May 9, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week 10




Still coming down from my Amy Tan buzz this week, I have managed to complete another week's layout.  Meeting her inspired me to get cracking and do some serious Project Life-ing.  So I copped a squat in front of the tv when the kidlets went to bed.  I had a few episodes of The Voice recorded that I had missed.  I had preprinted my photos and insert cards with journaling earlier in the day, so it was just a matter of cropping and putting it all together.  So away I went... And this is what I came up with.

Full layout 
If you have read my previous posts regarding my Project Life pages you will know that I have become a little crazed with purchasing each newly released Project Life digital kit from AC Digitals.  The latest one I bought was the Cinnamon Edition.  At first sight I wasn't all that impressed but then taking a closer look it really grew on me.  I loved it's masculinity and with most of my spreads being quite 'boy' oriented, and having a house of males, it suited me to a tea.
Left side
The more I played with this kit the more I loved it.  It's quite strong and bold and the colours are not usually what I would be drawn to work with.  However, I really loved how it started to look as I put it together and think that I'll be using it much more throughout the year than I first anticipated.

Right side
Unfortunately, silly me didn't learn from a previous mistake I'd made a few weeks back.  I edited and printed this 6"x8" photo of my baby niece and decided to place it over 3 pockets. Darn, I did the same thing I did in Week 5 :(  I didn't check where it would be cropped and realised later that it would be right over faces.  It just makes the face look longish and out-of-whack.  I decided to still use it as I love the photo so much but will hopefully remember this for the next time I decided to use larger photos.  Third time lucky in the future lol.

Jazzing up filler cards while keeping it simple.
So there you have it, another week down and with a kit I wasn't really keen on in the beginning.  I'm so glad that I strayed from my comfort zone and used colours and themes that I would normally shy away from.  It's definitely a lesson learnt and I will be pushing myself a little more now that I know I'm up for the challenge of doing something 'different'.

Now it's onto week 11, a very photo heavy week, so another challenge ahead of me!  Loving it :)

Aloha,
Kye
xo

Supplies List

Cinnamon Edition
iScrapbook

Silhouette Cameo

Give A Girl Yesterday Stamp Kit

Typo Washi Tape

Amy Tangerine Paper Leaves

Amy Tangerine Thickers
Amy Tangerine Remarks Stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment